Monday, June 20, 2016

Olive's Nasi Ulam



Finally, I had made myself nasi ulam last week. Nasi ulam is a mixture of rice with aromatic herbs, roasted coconut, salted fish, dried shrimp & etc. It is quite simple to make. 
Firstly, we need to get ready with the herbs...  I am proudly to say that all of these 20 herbs were harvested from my little garden except the bunga kantan.

I think any herbs will do but the aromatic one will be better. I just put in whatever i can get from the garden. 

You need to clean & finely slice all the herbs. Simply combined the cooked rice with toasted coconut, toasted dried shrimp, salted fish, herbs, chopped onion, toasted peanut, chili padi, sugar, salt, white pepper etc. 
Toasted coconut
Tadaa....my version of nasi ulam   
Enjoy! Eat it just like that or with fry chicken or fry fish will be great!
  

Make myself a refreshing herbs drink as well from the leftover herbs. Just simply boil them for 15 min and sweeten with a small rock sugar.

6 comments:

  1. Waa.. a lot of herbs in your garden.. miss those days.. I had them in the laman except lemuni, sambung nyawa batik, telang putih and fennel..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kak Mar, so meriah right! I don expect i have so much until i assemble them in a plate..padahal every type of herbs just need to have a few leaves or cuttings ja. Kak Mar, sekatarang dah tak tanam kah? Have a plesant Ramadhan month ya

      Delete
    2. Ada juga tanam .. sikit2 tapi selalu kena tinggal.. pokok lemuni tu beli kat mana?

      Delete
    3. Ada juga tanam .. sikit2 tapi selalu kena tinggal.. pokok lemuni tu beli kat mana?

      Delete
  2. Wah so teruja tengok nasi ulam Olive. Saya belum mencuba buat sendiri lagi walaupun ada ulam yang lengkap sekeliling rumah...Pandai juga Olive makan nasi ulam ya...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kak Mala..kan..all these herbs ada ja kat sekeliling rumah..just nak tak nak to do it..kak mala..kalau letak budu, lagi sedaP!!!!

      Delete