Monday, May 20, 2013

Tomato Cherry SunGold (Home-grown seeds for sale)



I have planted two Tomato Cherry SunGold plants on the ground. These plants do much better compare my 1st attempt. 

I grow my 1st tomato plant using pot. I remembered I had to water the tomato plant twice a day or else it withered. 

I only managed to harvest 2 small sizes red type normal tomatoes & they were affected by fruit flies. No tomato to eat at all. 

At least this time the harvests are 10 times more and they are bigger than the store bought one. 

This time I wrap those tomatoes with plastic bag to prevent them from the fruit flies. 

Growing of tomato plants directly to the ground really make my work easy. I do not need to water them frequently. 

However, I am not very satisfied because the plants do not set a lot of fruit even though it looks great & have a lot of flowers. I do hand pollinate them but just occasionally.   

My mother and my younger sister are the big fan of these yellow cherry tomatoes. They just pop it inside their mouth once I plucked from the plant.

They said: Wah, it is so fresh, juicy & sweet! Try it if u do not believe =)



Home-Grown Tomato Cherry SunGold Seeds
  • 10 seeds per pack (RM2)
  • Surcharge of RM1 are applied as postage fee.
  • Stock (available)

Interested please leave me your name, email, contact & address at eesuqi@gmail.com.  I will pm you my bank account number. Seeds will be sent out once the payment is made.  First come first serve. For other type of seeds, please click HERE.

Thanks!

19 comments:

  1. yes, freshly plucked tomato taste really god

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. peoples said yellow type tomato taste sweeter..i don really agree with that, but fresh one really taste great! At least i will not teragak-agak to pop directly into my mouth cos is pesticide free!

      Delete
  2. Hi Olive,

    They even look so plump and juicy! Hope to plant some too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really satisfied! start to germinate ur seeds now.haha

      Delete
  3. Hi leng lui..
    yellow cherry ..never plant them before..look nice kan..anyway i pun realised bila tanam atas tanah it will grow better than tanam dlm pasu or plastik..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. once a while tanam yellow type n smaller type (cherry tomato) tomato fun jugak ah. really big different. tanam kat tanah tak payah tengok sgt kan

      Delete
  4. hi olive, its really gorgeous...i'll try it but i hv limited space...just giv a try like ur 1st attempt...hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi @na, try to grow on the ground directly, 1 or 2 plants are enough. tanam kat pasu need a lot of care & the hasil mengecewakan in my case lar

      Delete
  5. mine grow very health either in pot or ground.. baru semai anak benih jenis yellow pear ni.. harap2 menjadi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynn, u memang expert in tanam tomato! memang make me terpegun look at ur tomato plant yg u tanam kat pasu. i try to learn from u too but sometime got no choice have to balik kg, no one will help me siram if tanam kat pasu.then layu...sia sia my effort =(

      Delete
  6. cantik betul color tomato ni...dan pokok pun nampak subur..tak ada serangga perosak!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nadia, memang cantik...got a bit attack by white flies..but is okay as long as i wrap the tomato with plastic...it survive..if not, memang macam cili padi yg diattack by fruit flies

      Delete
  7. Hi olive...singgah dari blog nadia rashid..tomato awak memang menjadi..:)..sya follow blog olive..sudi2 la singgah blog saya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Halor salam kena adrianna syaz, Thanks! sure!

      Delete
  8. puaslah makan tomato, kulit tambah cantik..hehehe.Tahniah Olive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha...tak puas lah puteri purnama cos only 2 plants..dah semai baru..haha...Thanks!

      Delete
  9. I have been wondering why the tomato here not pollinating well in our new garden. Never had this problem before in our old garden. Yellow pear cherry tomato is very tolerant with heat as they usually self-seeded at our old garden. Good job as you manage to harvest some you know :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! this is what i had thought too! Maybe bees from malaysia don like tomato flower i guess...haahah! Oh really? Tq. Okie u make me happy..haha!

      Delete
  10. even the variety called cherry tomato,the size is big enough like normal tomato variety. humongous!!!. Congrats olive. Jeles2.... :)

    ReplyDelete